Saturday, September 8, 2012

If I Should Lose You - Mulgrew Miller

Hey guys, here's a link to a transcription of a solo by pianist Mulgrew Miller on the standard "If I Should Lose You" from "Gettin' To Know You". There's a lot of techniques that Mulgrew is using in this solo. Here are a few: nice use of approach notes, use of symmetrical diminished scale, four note groupings, anticipating the harmony, etc. We can discuss some of the techniques in the solo.



Here's the transcription:
If I Should Lose You - Gettin' To Know You


Take a look at this other transcribed solo of Mulgrew playing another version of "If I Should Lose You" from "Live At Kennedy Center". It's neat to compare both versions.




Here's the transcription:
If I Should Lose You - Live At Kennedy Center

No comments:

Post a Comment